Thursday, January 6, 2011

CES 2011: Vegas Baby


So the CES (Consumer Electronics Show) is going down all day today in Las Vegas. For techies this is the Black Friday of a years worth of Christmas. This is where the who's who among electronics will showcase their upcoming products for the year.


Those who know me, know that I love gadgets....Apple gadgets in particular. I have 3 G5 towers a MacBook, iPod Touch, use Apples Final Cut. Yes I am that Apple Dude. You may have noticed in my listing of devices, the one major omission.......(virtual drum roll)....the iPhone. That is correct, I do not own an iPhone. Not because I dont like the device, but merely because my cell phone provider of choice does not carry it....well yet. I was hoping that during the CES today Apple or Verizon would announce that the iPhone would be coming to the Network this month or this quarter for that matter. However after some careful thought, wouldnt it be dope if Apple and Verizon had THE BEST SUPERBOWL COMMERCIAL EVER?...no just me? ....ok.


Moving on>>>>>Home Connectivity:


It is speculated that LG is to announce a line of new products in the home that communicate over a wireless network. Imaging if your washing machine needs a second cycle, or your stove needs to be turned up or down in temperature yet you re at the market. Pull up an app on your mobile device and your home now is at your finger tips. The possibilities are endless.


Well I just had to get this out after googling CES this morning and seeing that Motorola announced the Moto Bionic, a dual core 1GHz (2GHz total) device running Android Honeycomb...WHAT...this is gonna be a powerhouse 4G device and I cant wait to get my hands on one.


While I am an Apple enthusiast and would love an iPhone, I will keep my tongue wet with this Bionic.


Tru

No comments:

Post a Comment